When people ask me what it takes to write a book that sells, I tell them it is 50% writing and 50% marketing. As an author you are marketing yourself as well as your book. The challenge is to find your audience and then connect with them. If they like you and your book, they will spread the word.
We're talking about...
- 7 ways to get things done
- #NaNoWriMo 30-day writing bootcamp (Week 4)
- #NaNoWriMo 30-day writing bootcamp (Week 3)
- #NaNoWriMo 30-day writing bootcamp (Week 2)
- Are you doing #NaNoWriMo? Here’s your 30-day writing bootcamp! (Week 1)
- The Accidental Author: How Kerry Wilkinson conquered the Kindle charts
- Why your book is your greatest marketing tool
- 9 muses for indie authors
- How does a literary agency sell its authors?
- Do I really need an editor for my self-published book?
- How to build an effective content strategy
- 6 ways to overcome procrastination and beat writers’ block
- How social media is changing language
- How to write sex scenes – without cliché or embarrassment
- 7 ways to increase your chances of being taken on by a literary agent
- How to create an on-trend book cover in 5 steps