As a writer, active member and chair of the London Writers’ Cafe – one of the largest writing groups in the UK – Lisa Goll knows a thing or two about how to get the most from participating in a writing community. Here she shares her top tips on finding the group that’s right for you, what to expect on joining and how to survive the writing velociraptors.
We're talking about...
- 7 ways to get things done
- #NaNoWriMo 30-day writing bootcamp (Week 4)
- #NaNoWriMo 30-day writing bootcamp (Week 3)
- #NaNoWriMo 30-day writing bootcamp (Week 2)
- Are you doing #NaNoWriMo? Here’s your 30-day writing bootcamp! (Week 1)
- The Accidental Author: How Kerry Wilkinson conquered the Kindle charts
- Why your book is your greatest marketing tool
- 9 muses for indie authors
- How does a literary agency sell its authors?
- Do I really need an editor for my self-published book?
- How to build an effective content strategy
- 6 ways to overcome procrastination and beat writers’ block
- How social media is changing language
- How to write sex scenes – without cliché or embarrassment
- 7 ways to increase your chances of being taken on by a literary agent
- How to create an on-trend book cover in 5 steps